If we must have milestones, mine will be measured by how much joy I have collected at the end of each day working with rez dogs. They are dogs of stunning grace.
Here are the obvious lessons I learnt from them:
1. The richest one is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.
2. Life is not just about getting by, but making something beautiful.
3. To stay relevant is the struggle of life.
4. We all have to strike a balance between our ambitions and our actual potential, or the efforts we are willing to exert.
5. At every encounter, a rez dog has to decide whether it wants to engage in a relationship that is friendly or mutually damaging. We do the same by the words and the body posture we use.